|Monday - Thursday||8:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||8:00 - 16:00|
Newspapers, Journals, Magazines
Iris Award 2017
check out an iris award book from the dedicated shelves in the library
read the book
take an online quiz (chapter books)
Reading all the books - Students who read all books in a category will receive a special prize and recognition..
Iris award Book Bowl (open to students in grades 7-9)
- Students who like quizzes and a bit of competition can choose to join the Iris Award Book Bowl.
- Students organize themselves in a team of 4. Team members should be in the same grade level.
- Each team commits to reading the 16 preselected Iris Award Chapter Books titles. Each team member commits to reading 4 books.
- At three times between October and April, each team will participate in a quiz in the library on about 5 of the books on the list. Teams score points for every correct answer.
After the 3 quizzes are done, each team will have accumulated a total score.
- The 2 highest scoring teams in each grade level will win a 10 person pizza party.
- The 2 highest scoring teams in each grade level will be invited to participate in the Book Bowl Quiz Final to be held in April.
The Team winning the Book Bowl Quiz final will have their name inscribed on a trophy and receive prize vouchers.
Iris Award Art Contest
- Provide a piece of artwork for the Iris Ward. Details to follow
5.The Voting Party
- All students participating in the Iris Award or the Book Bowl will be receiving an invitation for the Library Voting Party in April 2017. Many door prizes will be drawn and given to students who qualified and are attending.
Creative Commons helps you legally share your knowledge and creativity to build a more equitable, accessible, and innovative world — unlocking the full potential of the internet to drive a new era of development, growth and productivity.